Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
He was certified (by a judge) to be an imminent danger to himself and others as a result of mental illness. By Federal law, that should have prevented him from purchasing firearms, and it was an error on the part of the State of Virginia to not enforce the requirements of that law. - post 253
well then, it appears that someone's computer system didn't receive the "updates". since I haven't seen the Judge's order, I don't know if it prevented Cho's owning a firearm. perhaps it didn't. perhaps the system was working exactly the way it was intended to work.

on the other hand, if the Judge's order DID prohibited Cho from obtaining a firearm, then yes, the system failed. either way, a lot of Virginia Tech students are gone, gone from their families along with the dreams of obtaining a college diploma. what a tragedy.

if Cho was committed to doing his deed (and it appears he was committed), a denial at the local gun shop would have only slowed him down.

my point is, gun laws and gun bans simply serve to disarm the people from the right to defend themselves from these whackos. we are told to "dial 911" and "wait until help arrives". there are numerous court cases involving a citizen dialing 911 and help NEVER arriving. the PO'ed citizen sues the City for failure to respond to a 911 call and guess what? Judge rules that "there is NO legal requirement to respond to a 911 call."

recently had a conversation with a 20 year police veteran. he told me that if anyone breaks into his house he will shoot them first and then dial 911. he said by the time the police arrive, the show is over and YOU just might be the one that's dead!