View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Chairman of my Benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmutt View Post
Now that is interesting. I actually contacted this person on the nashville craigslist to give me more info on this turbo. (even though I don't need another one, since I have two already.) He even sent me a link on pictures and told me everything is in good condition, no nicks on the blades, free spinning with no shaft play. Will even ship if you pay for shipping.

Quote:
I have up for sale a true Garrett GT22V turbocharger, this turbo came stock on 2.7L Mercedes engines, used in vehicles such as the Sprinter van. After doing some research on this turbo I found out this is a popular upgrade for the VW TDI crowd since it is a VNT turbo. On the sprinter this turbo made 150HP and 300ft/lbs of torque(not surprising, diesels dont make much HP, but a ton of torque) this turbo is also used on an Audi and makes 300HP in that application(that's on a gas engine, not sure if the audi version is any different) my guess judgig by the size is that on a gas engine this turbo would be ideal for engines making in the range of 220-270HP. This turbo has no shaft play and the shaft spins freely, its in good shape, but I got it in trade for some work I did on a friends car, so I cant tell you how many miles are on it...no rebuild needed on this turbo, its in great shape. This would be an awesome turbo with a correct VNT controller setup on a 1.8L engine, almost instant spool with pretty good power capability due to the VNT. You can reach me most times at 615-569-7286 or email me at wicked93gs@yahoo.com