View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Benz240D

JohnSmith and TXBill - THANKS! At least I now know where it tarnation to look! I know now the easy way, let some kid at the QuakerState QuickLube get himself introduced to diesel engine oil :-)

I got my 1978 240D clean enough so that I don't need a bath in Orange GoJo everytime I look at it.
I am now trying to get this 1974 115 240D the same. The great thing about a diesel is I can powerwash the engine While Running and not worry about fouled plugs! Or wires!

As to the Oil Filter, I wonder if I can't make get me one of those re-location spin-on filter adapters work. All I'd have to do is find the right fitting for the engine and run some hoses. Wouldn't be any different than what they use in Racing where they use a dry sump and a tank and filter is located where ever you want to locate it. I think summit has them.
I may get a oil bath one time, but if I can it work and sell it, it'll sure make another owner a mighty happy camper!

Thanks ever so much!

This forum is I think a blessing to me! In the few short days I'be been a member, I sure have learned a lot! So there is proof - You can teach an old dog new tricks!

Thanks again JohnSmith! & TXBill!

Now for the hunt!