View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered Loser

SLS suspension- valve rebuild weirdness

I've had some trouble with the self leveling suspension on my '85 wagon...
firstly, it rides really rough...makes a big "BAM" every time i go over a bump...a thread about it HERE from years ago...still unresolved after replacing the accumulators.

Another current problem is that i am unable to get the rear lever to effect a change in ride height. I rebuilt the valve yesterday. Put it back in today and still can't get moving the lever to do anything.

Question: When I reassembled the valve, I had to REALLY force/push in the PISTON to get the CAM into the position shown in the attached photo...(which was in the instruction guide that came w/ my O-ring replacement kit)...such that the CAM is partially COVERING the piston. I force the piston in, and put my cam in the postion shown in the photo. Reassembled the valve, and it seems that tightening the "valve halves" together with the bolts would've forced the pison in even further. Anybody know if this is the correct position to reassemble?

Question:
Would you guess that the SLS MOTOR might be at fault? Is there a (relatively) simple way to test?
Attached Thumbnails
SLS suspension- valve rebuild weirdness-valve-cam.jpg  

former proud owner of:
'85 mercedes euro 300TD
'80 mercedes 300TD
'77 mercedes 280e
'80 mercedes euro 250
'82 mercedes euro 250