View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankenship View Post
yeah, i gave it plenty of throttle and waited for response, but didn't get any, either way, w/ any amount of throttle.

definitely didn't flip the cam...made a note of which side was which...and confirmed that it looked exactly like the photo in my first post (which photo came straight from the "instruction manual."

dunno, man. crud...guess that valve's comin' back off?
with these instructions this time.
unless anybody's got any other possible explanations that don't involve the valve?
actually, before i go through the pains of removing the valve again, can i just disconnect the lever arm from the knurled shaft that comes out of the valve...and just start spinning the shaft until i see response?

Hi

I'm rebuilding my valve today also. Also confused!

I notice that when my cam is in the position shown in the picture - my lever is in the extreem fill position rather than half way between the L & F marks as shown in your 2nd set of instructions. I also have a '85 300tdt. Do you find the same thing with your lever? I first thought that someone had put the lever on in the wrong position but then it can only go in the position that will allow the bolt to pass through the slot in the shaft.

I also don't understand what the various parts of the cam are intended to do. Any ideas - anyone? Is there a description of how these valves work anywhere?

Joseph

It seems to me that if you rotate the shaft all the way around - that you will uncover the piston and it will pop up and then get in the way of the cam.