View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 AM

Grease is great if you are out of town and the hole is not that big. Garrett helped me out by spooning it into my ripped CV with a sprok from taco bell. it worked for about 100 miles then another few sporks full got me home. (nothing like going to get your lady from the airport and having the axle start banging.... those were the days)

They make some very very nice grease these days. the grease we used in our make shift solution was marine grade and water resistant, and about a sticky as any glue I've used. we used it so it wouldn't fall out of the rip as fast a wheel bearing grease. after going grease shopping I might be up for doing some research before going with oil only because if the boot were to rip you wouldn't be dead in the water. (since the replacement boots are thiner) but since there are many different kinds of grease out there it would take some research. the safe bet is gear oil. but I bet there is better grease out there.