View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinypanzer View Post
Three possibilities:

1) You accidentally got something wrong when redoing the connector

2) You fixed something that is now highlighting another problem

3) The two things are unrelated

How did you "refurbish" the connector? Just clean the contacts, or did you open it up and pull the wires out? If so, could two have gotten swapped by mistake?

I too am curious as to exactly what you did..... What problem were you having that prompted you to do that?
YES I agree all could be an explaination

I wanted to refurbish because some contact appeared to be either a bit lose or corroded and could induce some erratic stalling while driving.

Wire including connector on temp sensor from temperature sensor to ECU has been changed and is new.

Refurbishement where done wire by wire with labels on each wire.
In two steps first bank from 1 to 13 ( cold start still Ok) then second bank 14 to 25 (and lost cold start).
Using new contact wich seem to provide a stronger contact here is a picture. on the left side new contacts, in the middle the old ones, on the left side the complete connector

So has you say I may have fixed something which higlighted another problem. But I have no clue on how to solve.

Idle is very strong and stable, the only remaining issue is the cold start.

Unfortunately could not find a good pin allocation drawing valid for my car, which is EUROPEAN and has NO catalysator (21 wires go to the ECU). found a lot with 18, 19 or 22 Wires.

I would appreciate a lot if some body could post a such a drawing

In advance many thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Cold start becaume difficult after refurbishment of ECU connector-260e-connector-ecu-red-3-.jpg  

Wife's one: C-class 220CDI Sport Coupé, Euro, 2002, W203. 345 000km

Son's one: GLK class 220CDI, 2009, W204

Sold E class 260E, W124, 1988 beloved car sold after 489 000 kilometres of reliable services (engine M103, clutch and 5 speed manual gear box all original).

E-class, W210 320CDI, 2000[/B], 225 000km, Sold

Last edited by cc260E; 04-30-2009 at 04:29 AM. Reason: add pictire and spall check