View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
As for our policies being perceived differently by the rest of the world, isn't that what O is trying to address? Trying to pass along the idea that some of us understand that our dealings with the rest of the world have, at times, been somewhat heavy-handed.

Seems like a good way to rebuild some alliances that the previous administration ran rough-shod over.

Most of the countries that would see that as a sign of weakness are either already aware of the strength of the US, or are not strong enough for it to matter.
From having been elsewhere, I see that each country will try to nudge the other into doing something their way. It may be subtle or it may be brash but it is there if you look closely. Take Malaysia. It too tried to use water that it was selling as a tool to get compliance. Yet, they have been upset at what they perceive as the US being heavy handed. Kinda of a double standard, if you ask me.

You want to get the alliances here, bring them something valuable. Remember the definition of the word alliance. It is because we have a common cause and not that we are BFF.

Don't be too sure of that. Like I have said before, it is more about the stick you bring to the fight than what you tell me you have in your cupboard. Give Al Qaeda half the weapons we have and we would be praying 5 times a day to Mecca. Level the playing field and we will end up as a glass zone.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow