View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM

Smile 85' 126 project car !!!Help!!! :)

Ok so i have been on this forum reading for about the past month the do's and don't's of the mercedes diesels. I am a certified marine technician, audi/vw technician, and BMW freak. This is really my first shot at the mercedes diesel but they have always intrigued me. For starters bought the car (1985 300SD) for $950. Car has 291K on it engine only has 91K on it. Previous owner spent over $8000 in the last two years on various vacuum issues, new engine (not rebuild), ect (have reciepts for all). Heater core went kaput a year ago and the thing has been sitting ever since. I bought the car for a steal, as he didn't want to put any more money into the thing. Long story short Dash and HVAC is now out of car after much bad language and many referances to this forum. I am replacing both the heater core, moldy A/C evap, and one faulty vacuum element. Is there anything else that i should be replacing while i am in here. All vacuum hoses seem to be good and i have treated everything with Wurth "Rubber Care". A must for german car owners, and I can't beleive noone on the forums has mentioned it! It saves all your rubber parts and brings old ones back to life .

On to the under hood goodies. I have decided to get rid of the EGR and block it off (seems to be a no brainer) . ARV valve confuses me i haven't quite decided what to do there seemst to be mixed feelings about this little thing (any help would be great!). I want to turn the boost up to 12 PSI and i work for a company that produces superchargers and boost controllers and the like, so i will be putting electronic boost controll on the thing and various other gauges . Ok What to do with the ALDA???? Some people say remove it, other say leave it alone, others say shim it. WTF do i do ! I want to make this thing run like a raped ape but keep decent reliability and longevity. I am thinking Intercooler or possibly supercharger fed turbo (gotta love connections).

I am sure i will think of more things to ask.
1986 325 coupe Bessie >300k Original engine(ODO Broke) sold
2006 2500HD Druamax Linda- Tows boat and looks pretty in garage thats about it