View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone, awesome getting the positive feedback! It was fun, driving slow is awesome though. It really teaches you a lot.

I hate to admit this but I was a VERY sloppy driver out of high school (two years ago) with my 300E, especially since my friend had another 300E and an other buddy a 95 Jaguar xj6. We thought we owned the world and stupidly "raced" every opportunity we had. I was sloppy up until the middle of owning the 240D where I had an incident.

I was driving it hard and fast coming up to a right turn and wanting to get attention by screeching the tires on the turn, meanwhile there was a car waiting coming from the direction that I wanted to go wanting to turn left and was waiting. Well here came bozo the clown (me) and there was water in the gutter that I ignored (yeah, i know) well I turned my wheel but to my surprise kept going straight and slid right up to the car waiting, inches away from the metal. I was so embarrassed that I just kept my head down and backed up and left.

Ever since then I have matured so much as a driver. When someone would cut me off I would of normally (in the 300E) have gone all crazy and cut them off, but the 240D taught me a lot cause when I tried that, and it was like yeah no, can't catch up so not going to bother and I stopped doing that. I want to be the best driver I can be and now having this 39 vintage Mercedes, I can't let anything happen to her.

Having said that though, I still would love to take my cars to a track, not so much the 220, and see what they can do.