View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 05:53 PM

When liberals use hate-speech

I was hoping some of our liberal members would post condemnation of Wanda Sykes' comments at the correspondents' gala. Sadly, no.

Since when is it a liberal attribute to wish someone dead? I thought liberals described them selves as THE champions of individual's rights. Sadly that only applies to liberals who speak in favor of liberal causes. When Rush is the target, then all that gushy liberalism flies out the window.

By comparison, when a sports guy made a joke about Pelosi, and Reid, he was forced to apologize under threat of losing his job.

What made the whole affair at the correspondent's diner even more appalling was that the self-proclaimed guarantors of correct speech roared with laughter, as did the President, himself. I wonder if the reaction would have been the same if Ms Sykes, had wished Mr. Obama would have kidney failure. Probably not as funny.

OTOH, a lot of what she said was very clever and funny; the Rush comments were politically driven, over the top, and out of bounds. Where is the outrage?

What do you think?