View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fowler View Post
I was hoping some of our liberal members would post condemnation of Wanda Sykes' comments at the correspondents' gala. Sadly, no...
Condemn her for going after Limbaugh? Not a chance.

I didn't find her line about wishing his kidneys would fail to be very funny, although it was obviously meant as a joke. I did like her delivery on that line, though.

Given her audience that evening, I appreciated the angry tone in Sykes' voice when she went after Limbaugh. I think she showed exactly what she thinks of him. Her angry comments about Limbaugh were as much an attack on the media hacks in the audience as they were an attack on him. I, for one, am sick and tired of people in the media pretending that Limbaugh is anything other than a mean-spirited, illogical, and DISHONEST jerk. His commentary has no value. It is wrong for the media to pretend otherwise. The whole thing is preposterous.

Over the weekend, Joe Klein went on Howard Kurtz's TV show and called Limbaugh a liar, which he obviously is. Here's a link: http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/times-joe-klein-says-rush-limbaugh-deli

Howard Kurtz, once again, came to Limbaugh's defense saying that "'lies' is a strong word" as if maybe Limbaugh isn't a liar. Preposterous.

Limbaugh has become a multi-millionaire spewing dishonest hate on his radio show. You may recall, he referred to then 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton as the "White House dog." Sykes owes him no apology. You should continue your never ending quest for double standards somewhere else, IMHO.

By the way, do you also find it sad that none of the conservative members on the forum have posted condemnation of the mean-spirited comments made by Rush, Newt, Hannity, or any of the others?

Last edited by Honus; 05-11-2009 at 08:08 PM.