View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCM View Post
Hate to tell you this, but the smaller shiny round piece in the picture of your injector hole is the injector seal, or "heat shield" as you call it. The old style was a round "T" shaped seal that slipped into the prechamber hole with the top of the "T" showing and is what the nozzle seals against. If you are using the new style one-time use crush-style "heat shields", you should remove this old style seal.
Oh I tried removing what I thought was the heat shield/seal down there. I don't have a slide hammer, but one of those and a sturdy hook is the only thing that I could see getting that out of there. I tried prying with a screw driver and the handle end of a round file and nothing moved so I assumed it was the bottom of the injector hole. Will it hurt anything to leave the crush washer style seal on top of the old style seal? I'm keeping an eye on it and so far there's no leaks. If it does start leaking, I'll pull the injectors and take out the heat shields...so you're saying the new injector nozzles should seal against those old seals?