View Single Post
Old 05-28-2002, 03:14 AM

190e Temperature Switches, please help

Hi,
I have a 1988 190e 2.3, I already posted a similar question and people tried to help but I did not phrase it correctly.

Please see photo located at:

http://machnumber2.50megs.com/photos/benztemp.jpg

Marked #1 in the photo is a red temperature switch. Is this switch supposed to control the aux fan or the belt fan (electromechanical)? At what temperature should this fan be activated?

Marked #2 in the photo is a blue temperature switch, which fan should this one activate? At what temperature should this fan be activated?

Marked #3 is a temperature sender, I think I figured out that this one just sends the temperature to the instrument panal.

Because the blue and red plugs are both 2 prong, I am concerned that that they may have been accidently interchanged and plugged into the wrong socket.

I cannot say enough good things about this site, it has helped me so much. People here really put in a real effort, this is one of the best internet experiences I have ever had. Thank you for all of your efforts.