View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:01 PM

Ok, here was my plan:

This is the "Beta" version lol

I want to ship the car to England and drive it to london...ship it by ferry to France and drive to Paris and stuff.. then off to Deutschland, probably Munich then through Belgium and into Denmark and it is a must that I go on the Oresund Bridge!!!! Then into Sweden. Do my thang in southern Sweden and drive up to Arjeplog which is the destination. Drive back down probably to Stockholm or maybe back to Copenhagen to ship the car back to the USA and hop onto a plane for myself.

This whole adventure is only 1,500 miles and takes one day and 22 hours if you're doing it straight through, according to google maps. I'll probably be there for about 2 weeks, so I could span out the trip for the 2 weeks.

So far from what i've read, I need an international drivers license which is 15$ at AAA and need my insurance to cover me while over there. I can drive with my California plates since the car will only be in each country a few days, a week at most. But need to have the registration in the car at all times, which is a given. I'm just wondering, that, if I drive with my California plates am I going to get pulled over by every cop that sees them? Or will they be cool with it?

Also, i'm going to have to study the European rules of the road and i'm pretty good with German, but French, Danish and Swedish not so much. lol

The only real issue I see here, is the monies... But i'll hopefully have a very good income in the next few months so I can save up over the next year or two. Which is cool, gives me time to make sure the 220 is in top shape, which isn't the case atm. I'm still riding on one 30 year old tire (until monday )

Ohhh, Also I'm probably going to have to invest in a security system of some sort and damn good one too, cause if this car is stolen while I'm there i'll not only be furious/depressed but royally screwed! I'm going to get those allen wrench type screws for the License plates and a license plate cover so it'll be VERY difficult to rip them off. (read a horror story, of someone trying to pry off Cali plates in the netherlands).

Last edited by JordaanDMC-12; 05-15-2009 at 01:10 PM.