View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMBDiesels View Post
The Blue Ridge Parkway in Western Virginia is a total hoot to drive. The vistas are incredible and the road is well paved and smooth. The only drawbacks are the 45mph speed limit and the fact that it is one narrow lane each way. Of course the road is challenging and the views are so nice that you do not mind slowing down. We dia bout 70 miles on it around the Floyd area and it was very nice. Make sure to stop at the Chateau Morrisette for lunch and to pick up a case or two of their incredible wines.

We also drove back to Salem, Va on Twelve 'O Clock Knob Road going through and over the mountains. That road was a total joy! reverse camber curves double and triple curves going up and down the mountains. I had the suspension in the Suburban (yes I had the truck) WORKING as I went from left to right and back again. I just wish I had the BMW or John's 560 SEL for that road as I could have really carved up the mountain. As it was I had fun and got a good workout!

I love the south western part of Virginia!

Heck , we even got to take the big 'Burban off pavement as we churned up some of the dirt , and I mean dirt, not gravel, roads in the area

All I can say is YEE HAW!
My wife and i drive from Ga. to Nj about two or three times a year.My GPS takes us on 77 then on to 81. Where is the Chateau Morrisette,it sounds interesting?