View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
Its under the front bumper inside that flip up door on the passenger side. Do you have your owners manual for the car?

You realize you could also just charge up the battery nice and full then drive it home....it should easily last the trip especially if all un-needed things are turned off like the radio and climate control etc...
Thanks for all your help. Other than jump starting I dont have a way to charge the battery and I dont know if that would be a good enough charge. I'm actually paying $65 for the tow. Once it is home I can figure out if its the voltage regulator or the alternator without worrying about the car being towed away. It is in a restaurant parking lot that has towing sign warnings all around for customers only so I'm nervous of leaving the car there. If the car dropped dead again on the highway coming home I would be in worse shape. I hate spending $65 for a tow after spending $40 on a cab this morning/last night but I'm just going to have to bite the bullet. Usually I would ask my dad for help but he just had major heart surgery and is not doing well. I'm just going to have to choke on the $105 wasted on the cab and tow. I really do appreciate everyone's help. Once I get it home I will try to fix it. I do think there is a chance it is the regulator. The symptoms sound similar and those bushes are only a little more than half way of a new regulator I saw (not the same model as mine).