View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dculkin View Post
Floyd County is one of my favorite places. I lived there many moons ago. I commuted to Roanoke on the Parkway in my 1973 MGB. They enforce that 45 mph speed limit, so I racked up a bunch of points on my driving record, but it was still a sweet commute. During the summer months I would leave the hot, sticky Roanoke Valley which is about 900 feet above sea level. My house was at about 2,400 feet. About half way up, it felt like someone turned on the air conditioning.

What a great place.
It really a great place. My in-laws moved over there a few years ago from even further out in the country. SW Virginia is a wonderful area. The temp difference as you go up is quite something. According to the display in the truck it went down 15 degrees from Salem to the winery!

Did you ever do the 12 o'clock knob road run... I bet that would have been a blast in a 'B'! In the Suburban it was challenging but damn fun!
The MBCA local should get them to close that road one day and run a rally up there

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW