View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by link View Post
one of my siblings has decided to not only betray her family in the name of stealing from our mom, but to tempt loss of job and possibly time in jail.

I realize it is fairly common, but don’t understand how one can betray their own family and knowingly set themselves up to lose everything. It doesn’t even amount to that much money, maybe $60K. Can anyone provide insight as to what motivates this kind of thing?
I think she is hedging on the fact that she is family and few people would be like her and take family to court, get her tossed out of her job, etc, etc. Quite often, it works well too since Mom's usually are loathe to take the daughter to court and have her dragged thru the mud. As such, it isn't as big of a risk as you think. Yes, it does have the potential to get nasty but usually, people don't want to nail their own family. With that in mind, all that is left is the betrayal of family. Maybe YOU think it is a big deal but obviously, she doesn't. I don't have a good relationship with the brother. I'd gladly sell him up and/or down the river, into the rocks, etc, etc for very little. OTOH, with my wife, I keep it clean since I value our relationship.

What's not to understand? People have stolen and gotten themselves into trouble for less. I think what you don't see is how you can sell out your family for money. People have been doing it since who knows when.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow