View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

Watched a woman break her windshield today at Sams Club....and another story....

Yep, I got to Sam's Club today, and there was a woman with her little daughter and her Jeep Rubicon....loading some real long box into the back....she was shoving the box and then said "I guess I'll have to leave the back window open"....gives it one more shove, and then she goes "I just cracked my windshield." So I look, and sure enough, she hit the rear view mirror mount with the box and the window shattered in a huge star pattern radiating out from the mirror. Her jaw was dropped. Then she stared at me and my wife, we pretty much just shrugged....and looked back. Yeah. The jeep looked brand new too.....hopefully insurance covers that!

Then at menards (home improvement store) I watched a man strap down some wood planks that he had sticking out of his minivan, and he had the smallest utility trailer in the world attached to the van, it must have been 4x4feet. Well, he had these planks positioned firmly onto the trailer, and firmly into the car, with the lift gate tightly strapped down against it all.....now, when he pulls out of a driveway and that trailer goes up higher than the back of the van, something is going to have to give! Its going to be the metal on the lift gate of the van... Sigh. Why do people not think.....I saw a guy driving with a piece of plywood on his car's roof, held in place with some bungee cords across it....driving about 15mph in a 35 zone.....

What is wrong with people?!
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)