View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
I don't like cats....they're no where near as loyal or friendly as a dog....dogs are always wanting to please and like to be around you. I'm a dog guy.
I think both cats and dogs bring something to life, each in different ways. While the basic stereotypes are somewhat true, I think it's a shame to write off one species or the other base on them. I should know ... I grew up as a cat person and wrote off dogs as being sort of needy and dependent. I'm glad I let myself get to know enough dogs to find out that isn't true, and that dogs are wonderful (and funny) friends, all with unique personalities. The same is true of cats ... it's kind of a shame to say they're all aloof and unloving, because so many are not that at all. My cat worships me and constantly offers me affection (and never begs for food or treats). Of course, a lot of cats are kind of of the mind-set that they are the center of the universe, but I find that endearing and entertaining in its own way, too. I don't really have a problem with someone saying they are a "dog person" or a "cat person," but I will just say I'm glad I ended up being both because it's opened up my life to endless experiences with great -- and diverse -- pets.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)