View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Dead on balls accurate...

I have had a for cats live with me and a few that lived outside. My two favorite cats were outdoor cats who decided that life would be easier inside. One was a total dog who knew his name and would come when you called him. He would spend a lot of time outside and would go from neighbor to neighbor hitting them up for treats. He also knew when the kids were coming home and would wait at the bus stop for them. He used to sit on my shoulder and 'share' my sushi when I brought some home. The other outdoor-indoor cat is almost as friendly, but not as smart. My wife brought back two cats from Tajikistan from when she was posted at the embassy. One is the friendliest cat and a total attention freak. She will talk to you, pet you, jump into your lap , etc. She is also smart enough to open door knobs! The other is a royal PITA (nasty and afraid of everything).

You really cannot be sure what you will get in a cat.

One thing I would suggest is to stick with short haired cats. All of my cats have been short haired with the exception of the two my wife has. I insist that she keep them shaved down otherwise the hair is ridiculous. I also insist that at least my bedroom remains a cat free zone...

I had a friend who treated her Siamese cat like a dog. He would follow commands and even fetch! She raised him that way from a kitten and he really took to training.

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW