View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
We bought a Kubota RTV900 diesel 4x4 three years ago (it was a new '07) for the hunting camp, over my objection. Too loud, too heavy, gets bottomed out crossing rr tracks, vapor locks, eats batteries.

Oh, and get your wallet out!!
Couldn't be any worse than our $9k Bad Boy buggy. What an over-priced POS.

When it was 6 months old, I had to rebuild the front end because the front hubs weren't properly torqued at the factory and it trashed the hub bearings. At 4 years it already needs CV boots. About a year ago, I was taking some folks around the farm and the damned left rear axle broke (the factory wheel spacers were an inch too wide and it put too much stress on the axle at the splines. Factory support is non-existent.

Batteries are $220 each, there are eight of them and I've already had to replace one that got a loose connection and burned a terminal right off the battery. I'm constantly having to rewire some part of it because the corrosive vapors from the batteries corrode the ***** out of every terminal and connection anywhere near them.

It's not like we abuse the thing either...we pretty much creep around where ever we go.

I was gone two weeks and come back to the thing being stone dead and won't charge. While I was gone, one of the main wires from the charge receptacle rotted off from the acid on top of the battery.

It's definitely a love-hate relationship...it's saving grace is that the thing is silent as a Los Angeles class sub and doesn't smell like an old outboard motor when you use it.

Last edited by R Leo; 05-26-2009 at 05:01 PM.