Thread: Microsoft Store
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
Ha. I've been using Windows 7 RC lately and it is very well done.....I'd rather use it than the MAC OS.
Big shock there.

Quote:
Apple releases an "upgrade" of their OS every 1-2 years at about $150 a pop.....MS releases a new version of windows every 5-7 years....at $150-200 a pop....so, an apple user will spend well over double to keep up. Apple bundles and restricts/locks all of their apps and software and OS to their own hardware and store and devices etc....but they get away with it. I will never understand that.
And an Apple user will spend zero dollars on anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, registry cleaners, etc. Nor will an Apple use spend any time searching the internet for free versions of the same. Nor will an Apple user spend any time disinfecting their computer or figuring out why it has gotten unresponsive or why it crashes a lot lately. For my money (and my money IS where my mouth is), the Apple is a much better deal.

But we've had this argument too many times already.

(BTW PawoSD, I did put Firefox on my GF's computer and it is a lot better. Thanks.)