View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 AM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

I've got receipts like that for my 750iL too (last was summer '05 for $5800 or something insane), but.. it's still R12.

Honestly, that stuff will be around until we're all forced to drive non-internal combustion vehicles. Just doesn't make sense to me to convert it when the properly working R12 is great. I got my R12 machine up in Porter (where most of my tools are/workshop) that I too got on CL for sub $200. As I stress to people, buy HVAC stuff off season.

Just seems like you're not the DIY guy at all (which is fine, we have plenty of enthusiasts here that don't like to get into it for whatever reason), so the conversion can/does make more sense. I enjoy operating on my vehicles, if I didn't, there'd be zero sense to keep these all around. It's not my career, nor do I make cash off it. Just my way to relax, have a good time, and keep me out of trouble.

Hell, part of the fun is scouring for the odd parts or the odd car and bring it back from the grave.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]