View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
I'm not sure why anyone would want a drink on the door, you have to move it when you get out, then where do you put it? Just trust it to stay and not spill/tip when you close the door? Not if it's tall. I bought a car with them on the doors, had to replace the door-panels to get rid of it (screws through the leather), but well worth it IMO. Cupholders make more sense in the center console, armrest, or even mounted to the side of the center console (easy to use one on the passenger side if you're the only one in the car most of the time).

JMO.
Jeff,

Did you have the same kind as I bought? Yes, believe me, the thought of screwing in 4 screws through the leather does not appeal to me at all. But I thought about how time consuming it is to build two cupholders like Chad is doing. Plus, I like that center console area to throw my junk in. Otherwise, I would have to get one of those neoprene junk holders and attach it to my vents which I absolutely hate b/c they fall out.

Only on rare occassions do I buy large cokes or large anything. a medium (excuse me, grande) coffee is what I usually buy. Thus tomorrow morning, I am going to go to starbucks, purchase said grande drink and adjust/screw the cupholders into the door, making sure that the door handle is accessible even w/ a grande drink in it.

I hope this works and does not splash on me on bumps. if yes, i'll be back here in my thread bit#hing that you and some of the other select few were right