View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
Great information, my headlamp washer have been siezed since I got the car and I read that the rods rust to the inside of the tubes and its not worth trying to fix but I might just have a go now !
yes the main one that comes out of the motor was rusted on with mine. i put the end piece in a vice and pulled hard and it eventually came free with some spray lube (WD40).

definatly worth doing and it will come free eventually. then treat it with rust remover liquid, and then when refitting, coat it with a thick grease of some kind.

these rods are No Longer Available from mercedes anymore (i tried to get one) so repair is the only option unless you can replace with a similar cable from a DIY store.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...latest_sig.jpg