View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
I had a strong feeling it was a vacuum leak; thanks for confirming my theory.

Now the question is: how much will it cost to have all those hoses replaced?

Thanks again, guys

Blatantly obvious when the "ECONOMY" needle is in the center. Left is high vac (normal)... right is zero vac (WOT or severe vac leaks).

No clue on the labor, probably not worth paying someone. There are eight o-ring donut looking dudes that seal the upper to the lower that seem to go bad also, these are a REAL pain to deal with as the intake between the heads ALL gets to come out. Start looking over the factory service manual, it'll give ideas.

But I'd guess if you took it somewhere you're looking at an easy day to two (say one and one half being 12 hours) @ $100/hr so that's $1200 in labor plus parts... parts shouldn't cost much more than a few hundred.

Need vac lines, breather tubes, intake gaskets, the o-rings, fuel injector seals, the fuel injector cups, fuel injector breather tubes, probably the fuel distributor to throttle body boot, etc.

No real point in doing it halfassed if you're that far in there. I'm not sure what you want to spend nor how far you're willing to go once in there.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]