View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkubica View Post
Thanks Guys

I did change out the hoses with the filters and it has the new style pump. I couldn't find any damage to the plastic lines. I did a valve adjustment not long ago but I suppose its possible that I didn't lock the adjustment nuts well enough. I put a can of Sea Foam in the fuel tank in hopes it might help with moisture or unstick something but it really has not been run enough to have a chance to work. Seems to run smoother at higher RPMs but goes sour and soon as it returns to idle. From what I can see, the fuel is flowing into the clear filter at a good clip and looks perfectly clean. Opening the gas cap doesn't do anything.

I guess its time to try cracking the injector hard lines to see what I can discover.

Q: If I've I've got a dirty injector or two - is there a way for me to clean them?

All suggestions appreciated

Joseph
Are you using only Diesel Fuel?

I have seen Injector Spray Nozzles that the Pintel inside of the Spray Nozzle would hang up due to haveing had water that rusted them or dirt passing through them.
Sometimes the problem Injectors will stick when you Pop Test them but not always.
When you take them apart you can see score marks on the side of the Pintel.
Were I worked we had an Electric Motor with a small Drill Chuck on it; we would put the Pintel in the Chuck; put some extremely fine lapping compound on some Toilet paper; spin the pintle and polish up the sides.
After the Injector was assembled it would be retested.

But, you would think that if an Injector was having a problem it would also have the same problem when the Engine is still cold.

There is some threads from Members who have done a Purge to clean out from the Fuel Supply Pump to the Injectors.

Last edited by Diesel911; 06-19-2009 at 06:49 PM.