View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:18 AM
10mm MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSDL View Post
ok, im about to do this..... I'm taking the GTI out of the garage after being neglected for about 4 months only driven once for no reason other than I love driving this Mercedes....

After installing pyrometer, I'm going to adjust the IP... i'v read some threads about adjustment but some things I find confusing...

1. What gains would I expect if I just adjust the full load screw? Would it be in the whole power band? I don't want to trade low end for high end, or vice versa...

2. Does taking off the rack limiter yield more gains from just the full load screw??

3. What does adjusting the torque capsule do?

4. One more... .Does adjusting the high idle screw increase any fuel delivery at high rpm? I don't really need the car to rev any higher but some more power in the upper rpm band would be greatly welcomed.
If you PM me your E-Mail address I can send you the Bosch training information I have. It is 3 meg so I can not post it. It provides a good overview of how the settings interact with each other, throttle input, and engine speed.

With a basic understanding of the operation of each setting we can then begin a discussion based on consistent and accurate foundation.

Competence should come before confidence.