View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy5848 View Post
At the asking price, or anywhere near it, I would be concerned about the body damage. The OP has indicated he does not mind the body damage but the question is what other damage or problems are not being disclosed by the seller? A PPI is strongly recommended.

The fact that the car is being sold by this dealer means that it was traded in and then wholesaled off because it was known to have problems that the taker of the trade didn't want to bother with. This turns on all sorts of red lights for me.
That's what I thought after looking at the CarFax. Service records are probably with the original owner, if he has any. There is already 2 degrees of separation from him to the current wholesaler.

To the OP: good luck, but that car doesn't seem like a $6,000 car in this market.

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss