View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 07:18 AM
village idiot

Here's the cheap fix that was done in my car

Put a large ball bearing, to plug it up, in the hose that feeds coolant to the heater core. It should be the hose on the passenger side, on the firewall side of the servo if it is near the front of the car, or the hose closest to the firewall at the back of the servo is your servo is near the firewall. Obviously make sure the ball bearing is large enough so it won't move around. This will eliminate the coolant flow from the servo, probably stuck in the open/heat mode. Then give the AC a try. The tech that did it was trying to give the car a cheap "permanent" AC mode for my parents who owned the car and lived in FL at the time.

Even though I bought a used servo from MikeMover, which I have not put in, I probably going to put in a gate valve so I can manually switch from heat to cool and avoid the whole ballbearing approach that the tech utilized.

I'll also offer,........again, to fax some ACC troubleshooting documentation that Larry Bible gave that should help you in your troubleshooting efforts. It is very helpful. Just send me a private message with your fax number and I'll shoot it over. (no soft copies)

Good luck,

JCD