View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Unhappy New random problem!

Ok so the 220 had been doing pretty good, it went on the So Cal GTG that was on the 20th and all was well except for the leaky injector.

So a few days ago my friend wanted to drive out to Rancho Cucamonga and get the new iPhone 3GS and we ended up taking the 220, well 25 minutes into the drive she started overheating, needle halfway from the red mark, which is very unusual because it does heat up a little on exiting the desert but NEVER that much. I took the nearest exit and checked it out, now when she overheats the clutch pedal for some reason sticks to the floor, so that was going on too.

The injector was leaking like crazy so I blamed it on that, let her cool down and took her back home, we ended up taking his 89 BMW 3 series. Well city driving it's all good, but once I start to drive on the freeway it heats up. This came out of nowhere because I just did a huge drive all around LA last week and it was 100% ok. I checked the thermostat and it's fine and I don't see a problem with the head gasket, but noticing oil leaking from the valve cover gasket, could this be my problem? Maybe the water pump?

I'm sorry I keep posting guys, (hence my earlier post about the injector) but I was sure the injector was the problem, that's not the case

What do you all think?