View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by muybweno
well thanks for the help guys

I went through the papers from my fathers repairs on the car since he is the original owner of the car.....just about 4 years ago he had the AC servo replace (the black squarish trapazoidal looking thing with vacuum and coolant hoses coming out of it) by some dealership here in Colorado...the job cost him $950 including parts and labor so i'm assuming that the AC servo was new not rebuilt or used and is still in good condition since the car was out of commission for about 3 years.

I've also tried to turn on the defroster too as well and both the left and right vents (passenger and driver) come on at full blast with hot air as well as the vents on the dash board, i dont notice any loss in RPM's which signifies the AC Compressor that it turned on. I will look into the glove compartment to find the AC Amp and see if i can test if the Compressor is still in top shape by jumping.

come to think of it, since there are vacuum lines running out of that AC servo...i might just have a vacuum leak somewhere around my car...but not sure where if this may affect the AC system. However, when i turn off the car when the AC is blowing hot A$$ air (heheh sorry) i hear a small but audible whining or buzzing sound comming from the AC push button controller... When i switch the buttons to bi-level it get a little but quieter and when i switch it to defroster it get hella loud whining or buzzing sound. When i switch it to off, i get no more sound......SOUNDS CRAZY!!!! Well anyways i think this may be affecting my door locks too as they take considerable amount of time to lock and unlock when the car has not been runned for 1 week......somewhere i'm loosing my vacuum pressure slowly but dont know where.
If all your flaps are working your pneumatics are prolly ok. But.... under the battery they often completely deteriorate from the acids. Mine were totaly gone under there. It's a place to start!

Frank.