Thread: Brake Job Price
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002, 02:55 PM
backwoods member

Thanks for your comments. While out doing a service call earlier today I thought a little about the customer supplied parts issue, and the reason for such strong feelings and would speculate that it is probably the sheer number of folks wanting to save a buck at what is ultimately your (the technicianís) expense that is at issue. At least thatís the case your restaurant analogy makes. Plus of course all the complications that are involved when the inevitable wrong part(s) are part of the package. I agree it would be more difficulty than it is worth.

BTW, I would like to hear your comments about customer supplied parts at a dealership! If the offer is still there, please send me email or the PM feature of mercedesshop.

Joe: In Seattle we blame everything on coffee Ė especially our 2nd worst traffic in the world status!

Nikoe320: Iím a long time customer at Phil Smart, a 1 time customer at Barrier and never been to Larson, except for my SO to ogle the SLs while in the Ďhood. But they all say itís company policy, so I have to conclude it is.... Why do you find it surprising?

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"