View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
It helps to find out the exact Porterfield part number (i.e., AP-541, etc) for your car prior to ordering. Put that in the comments section if possible. TopBrakes just has the pads drop-shipped from Porterfield anyway, so yes it would be best to deal with Porterfield for any exchanges.

AFAIK, TopBrakes uses the Porterfield catalog, which is not always correct, so it's really Porterfield's fault anyway. Unfortunatley I have not been able to locate any other vendor which will even match the price from TopBrakes...

GSXR, you are correct the brakes were drop shipped from Porterfield and came mis-packaged (right part # wrong brake pads). However my problem is when I emailed TopBrakes regarding the problem, and their attitude was pretty much "Tough luck you should have checked the brakes before 30 days." Remember all I wanted was an exchange for the correct part. And while TopBrakes didn't make the error, they are who I paid. So while it was attractive for me to buy the product at the cheapest rate, there was no excuse for such poor customer service. So I repeat, buyer beware.