Thread: NW PA
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM

NW PA

From my experience, in Meadville, south of Erie, I was at a stop in a parking lot, went to pull forward and clang from the trans and no forward or reverse gear but there was a grinding. Towed to local repair shop they told me the next day trans was shot. They couldn't do anything but get me a name in Erie to tow it to. I found salvage in Pittsburgh and asked if I went and got it would they R & R it. "No, I've never done one of those, better take it up north." Well, that would be major tow bill so I called around and three others didn't want to touch it either. Then called Brian at Brians Auto Repair. He asked me what it did, I told him, he told me hold off buying that trans, he didn't think it was bad. Turns out he has several including a W126 as well. Turned out it was the output shaft yoke! Minor price too, so I had him do the ball joints, shocks and brakes and rotors.

Good guy, honest, very reasonable, takes a little more time, due to where he orders parts (one or two days) but worht it!

Brians Auto Repair
Baldwin Street
Meadville
814-336-5360