View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryBible View Post
I have driven over a million miles in various MB's and the manual everything 240D is MOST DEFINITELY my favorite. They are agile, economical, comfortable, reliable and EASY TO WORK ON. I'm personally not really a fan of the big body cars. They are they antithesis of the manual 240D, being bulky, expen$ive, large, reliable and difficult to work on. The area where the big car wins out is added comfort, but the small car is adequate in this area IMHO. I say that being one that has done NUMEROUS VERY long trips in these cars.

Just make a list of what's wrong with this car, prioritize the list and then work through the list. It will most likely CONTINUE to grow on you.
Interestingly enough, I've found the larger cars more pleasant to work on....the W126 has a wider tunnel, making driveshaft/transmission work/access easier....the front end is a little different, allowing the starter to be easily removed underneath.....etc....practically everything I've done on the 300D has had a bit of added difficulty compared to the W126....its just more cramped. They're both easy to work on...but the W126 is easier.....

As for a manual 240d....I still am longing to find a nice one. I'd love to have one! I've driven one, and they rock!
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)