View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM

A car as you describe in Canada is not common as you know. The no winter driving ever up here is a real premium item. If zero rust as well I would try towards the high side of the range myself. If it were a 1985 for example I think it is worth a little more as some improvements that year where signifigant again in my opinion. I would preffer for example to have the improved automatic and rear end ratio present in the 1985 model.

If the car is as you describe with no issues you will be able to resell it and recover your money I believe at some point. Thats if you continue to treat it well of course. Especially if all the service records come with the car. They might be available from the mercedes dealer as a printout remember if he has disgarded them. Whatever you do. Do not let the dealer know he is disposng of it until you own it. A dealer in toronto would cut your throat as easily as look at you. I am from Toronto thirty some years ago. Also carefully examine the booklet for oil changes that stops at about 125k miles.

On the otherhand he may have unrealistic expectatiions...If for some reason you decide the car is not for you drop me a personal message. I have been looking for a good one for quite awhile. The lustre pricewise at the present time is off a little because of the economy in my opinion. I have noticed the bids on ebay for example are getting lower. The cars conditions are factored into those prices I see as well. A true 166k miles example is not totally uncommon but scarce. If by chance it has a hundred and sixty six thousand kilometers the oil change booklet is still active. Since it is probably local to you it saves time and effort to locate one that normally costs you as well. I estimate the average cost of sourcing and picking up something out of the states at better than 1000 dollars extra. also my prices are in canadian dollars that effectivley lowers the actual cost versus an american aquisition. Let us know how you do. Curiosity is at work at this end.

Last edited by barry123400; 08-11-2009 at 12:58 PM.