View Single Post
Old 06-10-2002, 02:46 AM
Down to the Wear Bars

No problem. I have several from the last MercedesShop SoCal meeting. First is Ernesto's (Hi-Power) 1986 300E that has been monotoned and clear turn signals on far left of photo. The one behind it is Paul's (Suginami) showing the late w124 body color bumper with the black insert:

Next is mine, with the 15" wheels from a 1998 C230 installed, from the same meet - mine shows the early w124 all black bumpers:

Finally, a side view of mine with the stock 15" 15 hole wheels:

The black trim really shines nicely with Mother's Back to Black! Also, as you can see, wheel choice on these cars has a very profound effect - more so than many other cars IMO.

Changing paint colors is always a challenge - costs more to do inside the trunk/door jambs, the old color shows through door dings and rock chips, the new color doesn't match the UD plate, etc. I like the light metallic blue - I would see how detailing the paint and potential wheel choices look on the car before painting. Play around with the wheel fit feature on the Tire Rack site. That will let you choose several colors and lots of wheel type combinations on your ride before you make a choice.

2003 Firemist Red/grey leather SL 500
2015 Palladium Silver/black mbtex GLK 350
1987 Smoke Silver/burgundy mbtex 300E Sportline (SOLD)

Click to see 87 300E