View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt20 View Post
I would attribute the oscillating nature of the noise to the alternator. But I have no idea how the noise possessed your radio and cruise control.

this might help
Use the 'loaded string applet to help understand the motion of waves and interference.

either you live in an an electromagnetic worm hole, or a combination of bad grounding and uninsulated alternator activity created an electromagnetic field around the chassis of your car. This would explain the possession of the speakers as they are coiled wires and a magnet and require either current flow or an opposing magnetic field to created sound.

any high tension electrical lines around?
I will try to restore the car to the fault modes. If your suspicion is correct space travel may be possible. From what you mention the field strength would have to be pretty intense.

As a general policy I do try normally to stay out of worm holes around here. Mostly because the wife tends to get upset If my location is not known for a few days. Now that can be a major problem..

Like where have you been honey? Dear I was away traveling in worm holes. Talking about the unknown I have a pretty good ideal that might not fly well already.

Yes we also have high tension wires locally. I will slip out this afternoon and shoot a few insulators off for a test.

All in jest my friend. A little levity goes a long ways somedays.

Last edited by barry123400; 08-12-2009 at 12:03 PM.