View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervan View Post
we use those alot on honda 4cylinders sounds like the ebay special. check the cold side for oil to make sure the oil seals arent blown. Also, ask if it has a reducer to limit the oil pressure some of those turbos blow seals real easy with too much pressure. other than that, they spool pretty quick on gasoline engines not so sure about diesel. known to make 300-350 hp on a 4cylinder honda engine. Probibally a TD04 turbo.
Well, this one came off a 2.3 liter Ford. There was one on eBay that Forced and KarTek were recommending in another thread, and it listed the 2.3 liter Ford as one of its applications. The only differences seems to be that
1) this one is a .60 AR - the ebay one was .50 AR
2) This one has bolt-on inlet and outlet pipes instead of having fixed pipes that you attach your hoses to (like th one on eBay).
3) the inlet and outlet on this one *may* be smaller than the one on eBay. That one supposedly has a 2" inlet and 3" outlet - but I'm not sure if that is an actual measure of the oriface or if it is a measure of the pipe flange where the hoses attach.

The guy selling it claims to know quite a bit about turbos, and he claims that the .60 AR cold side will actually be better for my application (4.3 liter) than the .50 AR turbo on eBay that KarTek and Forced Indiction were recommending. That's why I wanted to pose the question here - to get the opinion of some folks who know turbos a lot better than I do.

BTW, both the hot and cold sides on this turbo seem completely free of excess oil...
99% original unmolested car
~210k miles on the clock

1986 Ford F250 4x4 Supercab
Charcoal & blue two tone paint over burgundy interior
Banks turbo, DRW, ZF-5 & SMF conversion
152k on the clock - actual mileage unknown

Last edited by rcounts; 08-12-2009 at 12:15 PM.