Thread: Idle problems
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautWagonGTI View Post
From what the PO told me, all he did to run the veggie oil is strained the crap out of it and dumped it in the tank with the diesel, after a while the tank was 100% veggie. When I got the car it still had 1/4 tank of veggie and I filled it all the way up with diesel and ran until the oil was gone. I also changed the filters about 8 times within the first 2 weeks. I guess the good news is he only put about 300 miles on the car when he owned it and not all of those miles were veggie. I guess I need the get the old triumph running and park the benz for a few days so I can catch up on all the work that needs to be done. When I first got the car I wanted to run veggie but it scared me and I did not want to take any chances. besides, diesel is only $2.43 a gallon right now.
Both of the above give you some idea why the PO did not drive very far on Veggie.
If you had to change the filters 8 time with 1/4 of the tank on VOand 1/4 Diesel you can imagine what it was like with 100% VO.
It also tells you that his filtration method was no good.
I am still unclear if the PO was using waste veggie or not? Waste would be even worse as it also has meat fat mixed into it.