Thread: 1981 280se
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:32 PM

1981 280se

I preffer to post this question on this site as some members have dealt with about all models of mercedes or have good knowledge. The car in question has about 68k real miles and is very clean. One hundred and fourteen kilometers actually.

It has the four speed transmission and manual windows with no air. It has cloth upholstery so obviously is a gray market unit. Already the fuel system had major components replaced.

Since it is the fuel injected model with no polution equipment. I know the carb models of these twin cam sixes are problamatic with their carbs sometimes. Is their fuel injection model any less so?Are these cars worth owning? How bad of fuel milage is to be expected?

The rear end gearing needs changed to a lesser ratio I think. With a five speed it would have been okay. No rust or repaint at all so it got my interest. Any valuation come to mind as well. He is looking for about 2500 american. Spare new clutch and pressure plate included. Mechanic in germany suggested that they might be hard to source in Canada so he purchased and brought them over with the car. No need to change them yet at all.