View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Renaissances Dude

T-mobile cell/broadband offer from Radio Shack - too good to be true??

I pop into Radio Shack today. I've been thinking about changing from Verizon to AT&T as they have an offer for a land line to your house to be then coupled to in house wi-fi, available for $30 a month if you have an AT&T cell account.

I've been hesitating to go for the normal broad band anywhere wi-fi from Verizon or AT&T as it's $60 a month and there's a limit on usage, or pay more.

Anyway, whattayaknow, the sales lady available is one hot babe, but the offer she tells me about is hotter. She claims that they have a deal with T Mobile that only goes with the Sony Ericsson TM506 where I get 1000 monthly minutes, the fave 4 or 5 thingy, AND unlimited web with the phone as modem for $50 a month. This is way better than anything else I've found. And, the camera is free with 2 year contract.

I'm with Verizon now, have an older Moto V710, a bit large by modern standards, crappy camera, and 450 minutes a month for $49 and I've gone over 2 or 3 months in a row and will do so again this month w/o major rationing.

The Bay Area maps for T-Mobile coverage are pretty good and I'm right on the verge of biting this apple.

I can't find the offer on Radio Shack's website but I sorta doubt the lady would try to hose me. I mean, if I have it in writing, it must be right, no?