View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybob View Post
How is this not a surprise? The world viewed through such a prism results in such analysis!
Only from people who put their agenda ahead of the country's best interests.
Quote:
“Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won't allow at home.”
That's a fair question. Why don't they just ask that question? Why give such a slanted report?

My guess is that Brazil will drill regardless of what we do. Might as well steer the business to our companies. IMHO.
Quote:
...How is this not more of the same "exploitation of little brown people for their natural treasure" liberals’ harangue about every day?...
Is that what Brazil is? "little brown people"?
Quote:
How is facilitating the development of "the global warming industrial pollution complex" off the beach at Impanema "responsible"? Green? Not killing polar bears by proxy?...
So, you're saying that the Wall Street Journal objects to these loans on environmental grounds?
Quote:
The IEB loan guarantees while benefiting some specific US firms in the short term are counterproductive in the long term. If there was an expanding hydrocarbon exploration and development industry domestically not only would the aforementioned firms be benefitting but many others would as well.

Lao Tzu- quoted, "Give a man a fish; feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish; feed him for a lifetime", which has a wonderful analogy with the modern world of management
today.
I'm no expert, but that makes sense to me.
Quote:
Oh yeah, Roger, Bill and Glen send their thanks for the props!
What a great bunch of guys.