Thread: District 9
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 PM

It was actually a pretty good movie. The documentary part of the movie was way too long but after it got started it was quite good. The aliens were well done even if they did steal the faces from Arnold's old Predator movie. The main character was appropriately pretty wimpy as the movie started and I enjoyed watching him develop.

This movie had something of a "Save the Whales" or "Global Warming" or treehugger mentality as they wallowed the aliens around in racist mistreatment from the Jo'berg citizens and I was afraid it would soon deteriorate into a vehicle for Greenpeace. But I was surprised. They picked up the storyline, created some sympthy for the aliens themselves as individuals with individual feelings, hopes, and aspirations (and family), examined whether or not we might be able all to live together, and set us up for movie number two.

The pace of the movie was intense. There was hardly a break the whole two hours as it moved forward at a breath taking speed; do not plan on taking a bathroom break during the movie - you will miss too much.

Go see it; but do not judge it too much until the documentary part is over.

Last edited by tyl604; 08-24-2009 at 09:02 AM.