View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 PM
I miss my MBZ

I fully understand why some people want more taxes taken from them - they want to think that they are doing "good" with their money and since the .gov is the fairest judge in the land (its only the .gov buildings that have the blindfolded naked lady holding scales...)- money in its hands will do better than anywhere else- this is a very reasonable mode of thought...

Or, as Bot might mention- all these people feeling indebted to society dont have a worthy Atheistic charity to give their money to =)

I really dont want to spin this thread toward healthcare, but the tax side of things is something that I have yet to hear of in **any** of the MSM's portrayal of foriegn/"better" healthcare systems. Europe has better public health systems becuase everyone is taxed at %40-%50 and pays for it all. You are free to think that this is ok, I'd rather you donate to or start a local/national/IGO charity that meets the needs of your giving wishes. Charities that have to compete for dollars (local shelters and freestores) spend more wisely and efficiently than those that don't (UN).
I like to hear of a "better" system...as I'm sure that one exists (us humans are **always**making things better...) but the issue is always so one-sided.

Maybe once "Wealth for the common good" gets 1000 signers who want more taxes removed, they can make a big co-op that provides health care for the un/underinsured with a (however you define...) "fair" policy...
...instead of throwing it into .gov coffers where its custodians seem to think that adding rules and laws is the way out of any problem.

imho

I lolz because one of the quotes on thier site is from a teacher....what are the chances that he/she makes more than $235k/yr ? They couldn't find enough rich people to quote ?

-John
(insert Mercedes here)

Husband, Father, sometimes friend =)