View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM
ಠ_ಠ

That sheldon brown site is great! I am thinking more in terms of product reviews though. I will go to a local bike shop and buy, but I do all of the research online beforehand. I do this with all of my music stuff too - read up online then try/buy from my local independent store. Amazon was the only place I could find that has enough reviews for some items, but something tells me Amazon isn't the place to buy a bike...

This bike is in pretty good shape, my father rode it thousands of miles since he got it, kept up with maintenance...although it still has the death fork--which is on the top of the replacement list. The rear wheel has a slight bend to it, probably from it getting smashed by the MB in our garage (my own fault...but then again there was about an inch to spare with the SD in it). 27 inch wheels are impossible to find nowadays, and going to a 700c wheel would require a new brake setup. Will be getting new tires/tubes, and overall just cleaning the thing up. I'm debating just spending the money on a brand new or slightly used road bike, but the charm and super light weight of the Viscount (for the time, and still pretty light) keeps calling my name...
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth