View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 02:04 PM

Exclamation '97 E320 TRUNK WON'T OPEN & FOOD INSIDE...PLZ HELP!

I'm having the hardest time getting my trunk to open (trunk release doesn't work nor does the key). Have NEVER had this problem and have been back from the grocery store for over 2 hours trying everything from checking the fuses to lubricating the lock with graphite lube... is there ANY type of emergency opening device or any other suggestions? I've called a locksmith "service" with my insurance company but they can only have it towed somewhere WTF? I told her I CAN STILL DRIVE THE FRIGGIN THING but need to get into my trunk... I can hear the motor going,etc when I hit my trunk release switch but it doesnt pop up like usual & when manually doing it all my doors lock and unlock but when I push in the lock it still acts as though its locked and doesn't catch for me to pull up the deck. I REALLY have to get this stuff out ASAP before I have a smell problem on top of this UGH! Any help out there or has anyone had this problem? I wish I could access it from my rear seats! Is there ANYTHING I can do besides destroy my lock (and potentially screw up something else in the process I'm sure)?
1972 220D
1970 250C SOLD
1971 250C SOLD